READ A SAMPLE OF PROOF PIRATES.
Chore charts. Report cards. Standardized tests. Athletic banquets. Kids are inundated with messages about their performance. Because performance—work and reward—is one of the basic structures of our lives, kids often grow up thinking, “I am what I am because of what I do . . . or because of what I’ve failed to do.” How different this message sounds from the biblical message of redemption by grace!
PROOF Pirates introduces kids to God’s amazing grace through a five-day, pirate-themed curriculum for use in Bible clubs and Vacation Bible School. It explains the doctrines of grace using the popular PROOF acronym with the book of Ephesians (God’s grace is Planned, Resurrecting, Outrageous, Overcoming, and Forever) so kids know that it is not their performance that makes them right with God.
PROOF Pirates teaches children to remember that what God says about them is more important than what others say, and that it is God’s grace that makes us who we are. Whether using a treasure map to teach about God’s sovereign plan or a skeleton to explain how God makes dead people walk, PROOF Pirates helps kids remember the one message we never want them to forget.
PROOF Pirates features original music, crafts, skits, extensive leader’s notes and everything else you need to run a successful VBS for children in preschool through fifth grade. The PROOF Pirates Family Devotional is also available to reinforce at home the lessons learned at Vacation Bible School.
- Curriculum combines the popular PROOF acronym and the book of Ephesians with beloved pirate themes to teach four to eleven year-old kids that God’s grace—not our performance—makes us who we are.
- Includes a studio-recorded children’s worship CD and one corresponding Proof Pirates Family Devotional (can also be purchased in 10-packs), along with crafts and activities designed by real practitioners.
- Starter kit provides everything your church needs to plan, advertise, and run a successful, grace-focused VBS.
- Includes a 10 pack of branded silicone wristbands, a 10 pack of iron on transfers, and one evangelistic booklet, Are You Close to God (which can be purchased in 10-packs).
- Created by the church, for the church, PROOF Pirates combines the talents of a team of children’s workers—including a pastor, Sunday school teacher, and homeschooling mom—who love kids and want to share God’s good news with them.
Your VBS Starter Kit includes:
1. Complete Director’s Guide (on CD)
- Director’s planning checklist starting ten months before your VBS;
- Detailed directions on every aspect of planning, recruiting, advertising, training volunteers, classroom security, and protection against child abuse;
- Recruitment ideas and printable forms for volunteers to fill out;
- Decorating ideas;
- Child safety details.
2. Printables (on CD)
- Including advertising posters, bulletin inserts, and invitations.
3. Worship and Drama Leader’s Guide (on CD)
- Sample schedule;
- Script for five days of opening and optional closing assemblies (including song lists, scripts for worship leader and emcee);
- Complete lead sheets including hand motions, chord charts and lyrics for six songs.
- Drama scripts
4. Preschool Classroom Guide (on CD)
- Supply list
- Five lessons based on the PROOF acronym
- Detailed instructions for teaching
- Instructions for story circle format
- Craft directions
- Snack suggestions
5. Elementary (K–5th grade) Classroom Guide (on CD)
- Games guide with supply lists and directions
- Bible study guide with directions on how to present the lessons
- Craft guide with supply lists and directions